Use this solution with VB projects

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:03 PM
Could I use this project in projects written in VB?
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 10:39 AM
Yes you sure can, the ASP.NET part should be a virtual directory of your primary web site, so no matter if your website is in VB.NET of even PHP as long as you can run ASP.NET 2.0 app on your server.

You only have to create a virtual directory, and xcopy the website project in it.

Hope this answer your question.

Dominic
Aug 24, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Hi Dominic.

Thank you for reply.

More questions.
How can I change the username and password for operator?
If I install the operator in various machines, this work properly?

Thanks.

Igor
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 8:21 PM
Hi Igor,

It depend if you downloaded the release or the current source code.

How can I change the username and password for operator?:

If you run the MemoryProvider (Alpha version is only available with MemoryProvider), You have to edit the web.config file of the website project and change the those value
<add name="MemoryOpratorProvider" type="MemoryOperatorProvider" opName="operator" opPassword="operator" opEmail="op@company.com" />

If you are running the SqlProvider, your only way to add operator or change password is to edit the SQL table manually.

If I install the operator in various machines, this work properly? :

It will not work with the MemoryProvider since, this provider is one operator only.

It will work currently sometimes strangely with multiple operator with the SqlProvider.

The last source code available should work almost cleanly with multiple operator. Note that the Beta release should be released in the next days or so. The release is multi-operator ready.

Hope this help.

Dominic