Chat going offline for user and chat-admin.js

Topics: User Forum
Nov 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I installed from nuget the latest package on 5th november 2012 in a MVC 4 project.

I have the same issue as virtualtap, the chat goes offline for no reason.

I have tried to find out why and came across another bug. The chat-admin.js is added in the Go.cshtml but it is not in the project:

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/chat-admin.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

I can find it in demo vers 1.5.1

There is also a ChatBackup.js in demo vers 1.5.3 that I can not find in project.

A bug?

Do you have a solution to the problem with the chat going offline for user? Could it be a bug in the package with missing js?

Hope you can help me, love the product.

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hey there,

I just created a blank new ASP.NET MVC 4 (VS2012) project, added LCSK via NuGet and it stay connected.

Just a wild guess, you have to stay on the http://localhost:50148/chat/go/ page to stay online. While you click on the status link and set yoursefl online, you have to keep a browser on that page open, if you quit, there is a mechanism to turn the status offline of course.

Let me know if it fix the situation.

Dominic

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thank you for the fast reply Dominic.

It seems like I had some trouble with JQuery/bundle in MVC 4 so that is now fixed :).

But if I press F5 in /chat/go/ it changes between online/offline, is it suppose to or is it me making a mess of it again?

And what about the missing js files?

Thanks, not so strong in coding javascript...

Dag

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Hey Dag,

Pressing F5 might disconnect you indeed. I must admit that this page is kind of "fragile" in terms of how online/offline is set. You're better to let the javascript refresh the page (this should be automatic).

You might have a look at the ChatController.cs on the Go action to change the code to fit your scenario if you want to use F5.

Hope that help.

Dominic