SignalR/Hubs Creation

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Edited Dec 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hello!

I am a PHP / APACHE web developer but in the past have built the odd asp / c# site and came across this chatstarterkit which looked like a great bit of kit but am having trouble getting it working?

In Visual Studio 2010 Professional I created a new WebApplication and then proceeded to install LCSK via NuGet Package Manager. This appeared to install lots of lovely things including SignalR. I then added the following to my Site.Master file >

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="../Scripts/jquery.signalR-0.5rc.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/signalr/hubs" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/LCSK/chat.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

When I run it however on the default page I am getting a javascript error saying 404 cannot find /signalr/hubs/ which I am guessing is why the resulting javascript errors are occuring.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:53422/signalr/hubs

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'installState' of undefined install.js:41
3Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'adminRequest' of undefined

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Dave

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi there,

You might want to try the 2.0.2 release, the one you've tried was using SignalR 0.5 before the package switched to Microsoft SignalR.

Plus for the demo project to work, you will need ASP.NET MVC.

Let me know.

Dominic