"Errors while installation"

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 20, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Hi
   i m getting problem while doing the installation of  "live chat starter kit". in my inatallation process database connection is fine. while executing only web based project is execting.  what is user id and password of operator login page ? could u send the complete installation of this project. it is so urgent for me.

Thank you   
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Hi,

You have two options for the data management, in the web.config you have to choose which data provider you want to use, in the 2007 beta I think it was the Memory provider that does not required a database. If you want to make sure the LiveChat uses your SQL database edit the web.config's three providers section and it might help a bit to start trying the application.

Here is a video on how to install the September 2007 beta.

http://dominicstpierre.net/archive/2007/08/26/livechat-starter-kit-installing-the-september-2007-beta-video.aspx

Hope this help.

dominic

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:07 AM
Hi

Thanks for sending the video url. That was so helpfull. Now it is running properly.Now i m  analyzing the code. how to merge  two project i.e window and web project ? it is new concept for me.
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:18 AM
Hi,

Glad it's worked fine.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "merging" two projects?  Would you like to bypass the Windows Forms and use a web-based application instead as the operator console?

For that you would have to create the UI for the online visitor list and the chat window, but you could easaly call the same Web Services methods, so it's basically at the UI layer that you would have to invest some time.

Hope this help.

dominic
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM
Hi sir

is there not any technical document on this project ? This project is really very nice. i m so much interested to learn in detail. i have to make it totally commercial project. i m understanding 70% concepts concept. i m getting problem in web service. how have u combine web based project module and
console module in this project ?

chandradev