client choose who to talk to

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Hi
I installed the LCSK from nuget on a mvc 3 project and it works. i was wondering if is it possible to put a select on the first page of chat , to choose between the agents?
Coordinator
May 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Hey there,

It certainly is possible, what I would do is change a bit the chat widget to get a list of agents and display it instead of the chat input text box.

Once the visitor pick an agent you can display the chat box again. Since you would have the "id" of the agent, you can modify the RequestChat from the ChatHub.cs to accept the agent id and removing the automatic attribution of the less busy agent.

So to recap:
  1. Create a new method in ChatHub.cs that will return to the JavaScript chat.cs widget the list of available agents.
  2. From the chat.js widget create UI that replace the actual Online state that will display a list of the agents picked on #1.
  3. When the visitor pick an agent, keep there id and change the RequestChat method on ChatHub.cs.
Hope that helps,
Dominic
May 27, 2013 at 4:58 AM
thanks
I'll try it.

sometimes it goes offline by no reason. I checked the other post. I installed from nuget but there is no go page. what do u think about that?