livechatstarterkit-47361 - Installation issue

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

1) When I tried building the solution in Visual Studio 2008, I end up getting this error,

A project with a Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. Set the executable project as the startup project.

2) Bin folder is missing in the project sloution. When I tried opening these files Chat.aspx, Demo.aspx, ProcessImage.ashx, SendMsg.js from the solution explorer of my Visual Studio 2008, I get these errors and I'm not able to open those files,

The item 'Chat.aspx' does not exist in the project directory. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

The item 'Demo.aspx' does not exist in the project directory. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

The item 'ProcessImage.ashx.cs' does not exist in the project directory. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

The item 'SendMsg.js' does not exist in the project directory. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

Please help me in this regard at the earliest.

Thanks,

Firesky.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

The latest source code package is far from being a working stable version. I would suggests downloading the current release instead of the source code version, witch is in a working state.

Thanks

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM

hi

I have downloaded the current release of LiveChat Starter kit, it working fine in my local system, im not able to work in server, please do the needful. If Possible please provide with a installation instruction to proceed

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Hi,

Please make sure of the following points on your server :

1) Check your web.config settings (Provider section and your connectionstring). Make sure you use the correct Provider.

2) On the operator console you have to configure the path for your server webservices URL (click on the configure link on the login screen).

3) Make sure your operator exist in the database

The installation process should be straight forward, copy the web application to your server (make sure you have AJAX installed for ASP.NET 2.0) and the SQL database.

Hope its help.

Dominic

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2009 at 4:24 AM

You may also find this usefull, this is a video I did back in 2007 after releasing the beta :

http://dominicstpierre.net/archive/2007/08/26/livechat-starter-kit-installing-the-september-2007-beta-video.aspx

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Hi,

I  have made sure that the points you have mentioned above are set correctly in my server, but unfortunately I still end up getting errors. I'm trying to incorporate this with Sitefinity, in doing this when I run the OperatorConsole I get the following errors,

1) An unhandled has occurred. If you got regularly an error, please report it on the Discussion board at: http://www.codeplex.com/LiveChatStarterKit/

Details:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP header SOAPAction: http://www.dominicstpierre.net/LivechatStarterKit/2007/09/LogIn.

At System.web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest()
At System.web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest(SoapServerMessage message)
At System.web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
At System.web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocol.SetContext(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
At System.web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactoru.Create (Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] Parameters)
at LiveChatStarterKit.OperatorConsole.LiveChatWs.Operator.LogIn(String userName, String password)
at LiveChatStarterKit.OperatorConsole.Login.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control. ControlNativeWindow .WndProc(Message& m)
at System.WIndwos.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPrt hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr Iparam)

2) What should I give as Web Service User Name in the login operator console.

I do not know where I'm going wrong. Could someone help on this.

Thanks a lot.

Firesky.

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Hi Firesky,

Make sure that you connect to your server for the webservice call, if I remember correctly you should have a "Configure" link on the bottom of the login screen that allow you to set the correct URL of your webservice.

And for the operator login, if you are using the Sql provider there is a table Operators, simply insert a new operator. If you are using the Memory provider you have to set the password of the operator in the web.config.

This is from the download page :

Please do not forget to change the WSUser value in the web.config, this serve has basic authentication for the web services methods call.

Also note that the Memory Provider does not support multiple operators. Only one operator can accept chat requests while using this provider.

Hope its help.

Dominic

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

I find the following files missing when I download Live Chat Starter from http://livechatstarterkit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/59223

The missing files are,

1. LiveChat.cs
  2. TabInfo.cs
  3. API.cs

When can I expect the full launch of Live Chat Starter Kit.

Regards,
Firesky.

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hello Firesky !!!

Any news? Im in the same situation here ....

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:02 PM

The version on the source control are development only, I'm sorry it's very hard to put time to finally launch the v 1.00, and I don't have any time frame.

If you need something quick, there is lots of commercial apps that are pretty nice ATM.

There will be a working version, but I'm missing time right now.

Dominic