Issues in LiveChat

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 7, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Hi, we have installed LiveChat Starter Kit.  Parts work great.

Issues we are having:

1. Can's scroll down conversation once - so on a long conversation I can only see to the point where I would need to scroll.

2. The Entry Page is a hyperlink but doesnt open up

3. Can't disconnect a conversation, ( I have to shut down program and reopen)

4. Where can I find the current page in a database - i would like to be able to put all the current pages that customers come into - into an excel spreadsheet for research projects.

I look forward to any advice that can be offered.

Thanks,

Peekster

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

Are you talking about the 2007 beta release?

The release has not been tested with newer browser.

The table containing the users visited pages is LiveChat_VisitorHistories if my memory is good.

Thanks for your comment.

Dominic

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Hi Dominic or ANYONE,

Thank you for answering my histories question.

My other question that needs to be anwsered is:

I cannot disconnect a chat/conversation that I have had - how and/or where and what code am I putting so so I can disconnect a chat.

Please answer asap. I have been hoping for an answer since October 6th.

Thanks so much.

Peekster

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hi Peekster,

By closing the chat window it should disconnect, the ESC key should close the window.

Hope this help

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Hi Dstpeirre. The disconnect button / escape button don't do anything. That is the problem. I have tried to click on disconnect and escape months ago and doesnt work. Somewhere in the coding is the problem. I am not sure where. If you can direct me to where that would be that would be great!! Peekster

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 01:57:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Issues in LiveChat [LiveChatStarterKit:71194]

Hi Peekster,
By closing the chat window it should disconnect, the ESC key should close the window.
Hope this help
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LiveChatStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LiveChatStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
Nov 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hi Dstpeirre or anyone. The disconnect button / escape button don't do anything. That is the problem. I have tried to click on disconnect and escape months ago and doesnt work. Somewhere in the coding is the problem. I am not sure where. If you can direct me to where that would be that would be great!!

By the way we are using 2007 beta release.

Thanks,

Peekster

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Hi,

The escape key should work, but the focus has to be in the textbox where your add message.

You might also be interested to take a look at the latest check-in in the Source Code tab. I decided to start from the 2007 beta code base to improve from there, I added departments and a close button.

Hope this help.

Dominic

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Dominic, when do you think you will publish a new release? I appreciate your help. Peekster
To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:04:10 -0800
Subject: Re: Issues in LiveChat [LiveChatStarterKit:71194]

Hi,
The escape key should work, but the focus has to be in the textbox where your add message.
You might also be interested to take a look at the latest check-in in the Source Code tab. I decided to start from the 2007 beta code base to improve from there, I added departments and a close button.
Hope this help.

Dominic
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LiveChatStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LiveChatStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM

The next release is due around the end of December 2009.

You might want to check out the Issue Tracker tab to see what will be included in the version 1.0.

If you have suggestion, do not hesitate to create a feature request.

Have a nice day

Dominic