A Simple One-On-Chat add-on?

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I am running into more occasions where a web site wants/needs a one-on-one chat resource -- of the type of "technical" or "sales" resource for the customer/user to simply ask a couple questions and get feedback. I have seen some commercial offersings of this type (noteably from Volusion, which has a very nice offering but it's $30 per on-going month) and I've also looked at the LiveChat Starter Kit here. The latter (LiveChat) looks to be a very complex 115-file "solution" which is not exactly in the realm of a "simple add-on" for my purposes.

I am missing some intermediate offering? ANy hints/suggestions gratefully accepted!

mahalo :) KevInKauai

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Hi,

I think Google offer a simple snippet (one line of javascript) that is bound to a Google Account, and allow your site visitors to open chat with your google talk software.  I'm not sure if MSN also offer that kind of functionalities, I guess.

On the other hand, to install the LCSK on your website you only need a couple of step, you might be able to get the 2007 beta release and check the videos here : http://livechatstarterkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How-To%20videos&referringTitle=Home

Have a nice day!