LiveChat Starter Kit version 2 uses SignalR as the core communication mechanism.
You can add LCSK to your ASP.NET project via NuGet
To manually add LCSK to an existing ASP.NET app do the following:
- Copy the LCSK folder to your ASP.NET project
- Install SignalR from your package manager window
- Add the following to you Global.asax before any other routing instruction:
Make sure you already have jQuery
included before those tags.
Sign in as a test agent
- Navigate to the /lcsk/install.html page and assign the admin and agent passwords.
- You can now log in on /lcsk/agent.html using any name and either the admin or agent password.
Simulate a visitor
- Open another browser
- Open the chat box and enter a message