Installation and Initialization (LCSK v2.0.5)
The easiest way to install LCSK is via the NuGet gallery, run the following command from the Package Manager window or browse the gallery for LCSK.
This will add the following items to your project
- A readme file on your App_ReadMe folder
- A static folder named LCSK
- A reference to Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR
You can remove the readme when you are done with them.
From the source code
If you've downloaded the source code version you can check the demo project. To integrate LCSK to your project from the source do the following:
- Copy the LCSK folder into your project.
- Add the Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR package
How to add the visitor chat box to your pages:
1) SignalR needs a special route to be added before your main routing
on your Global.asax.cs file:
protected void Application_Start()
// SignalR hubs
*** If you do not already have jQuery referenced
How to log in
- Navigate to the /lcsk/install.html page and assign the admin and agent passwords.
- You can now log in on /lcsk/agent.html using any name and either the admin or agent password.
- Make sure you have a reference to jQuery *before the SignalR and LCSK's script tags.
- Make sure the jquery-signalr-version
.min.js matches with the version on your Scripts folder.
- Make sure you have write access to the App_Data folder, since the config file "lcsk.dat" will be saved there.